- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (including the ingredients it needs)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Flan layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, making sure to get the middle prong covered as well.
- Pour the caramel sauce into the bottom of the Bundt pan; set aside.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to box, adding the sour cream.
- For the flan layer: add all flan ingredients into a blender, and blend for 30 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Pour chocolate cake batter into the Bundt pan, followed by the flan mixture. Use the back of a spoon to help flan mixture stay on top of the chocolate cake batter. Cover the Bundt with nonstick foil, leaving some space for the cake to rise.
- Place cake in a bain-marie, or water bath, allowing the liquid to come halfway up the outside of the pan. Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Turn cake onto a platter, and drizzle with extra caramel sauce and/or chopped almonds. Enjoy this magical cake!