- One can of full-fat coconut milk
- 55 grams maple syrup
- 200 grams shredded coconut plus extra for dusting
- 150 milliliters warmed nut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 90 percent chocolate
- Get milk and maple syrup into a pan and simmer for around 45-50 minutes until syrupy, stirring now and then.
- While the milk is condensing combine the coconut with the warmed milk to rehydrate it a bit. Leave this for around 30 minutes.
- Add cardamom to milk stir.
- Pour the rehydrated coconut into condensed milk.
- Let it cook on a low/medium heat for about 40 minutes. You want the consistency to change from sticky to almost gooey again.
- Transfer into a dish and pack very tightly into an inch high square.
- Once cooled and hard transfer onto a board and chopped into around two-inch squares.
- Melt 90 percent plain chocolate in a bain marie.
- Dip the top of each sweet into the chocolate, so you get a decent recovering.
- Arrange on a dish and sprinkle the lot with coconut.