- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With an electric mixer, beat butter with sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, spices and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks. Shape cookie dough into an oval and flatten using the palm of your hand. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 40 min. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. While still warm, slice 1/2-inch (1 centimeter) biscotti on the bias with a serrated knife. Place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. Biscotti will firm up further as they cool.