- 4 cups heavy cream, preferably organic
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 48 thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies, such as Tate's
- 1 bottle caramel sauce, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 bottle chocolate sauce, such as Ghirardelli
- 1 small dark chocolate bar, for shavings
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or with a hand mixer whip the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to soft peaks. Set aside.
- Using a medium sized cake plate or large, round, flat platter begin to build the cake. Smear a little bit of the whipped cream on the bottom so the cookies don't slide around. Place 5-6 cookies on the bottom as the base.
- The amount of cookies needed and used depends on the size of platter/cake plate you use. It also depends on how high you want to make it.
- On top of the cookies spread a hefty amount of whipped cream over, leaving the outer edges of the cookies exposed. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel sauce followed by some shavings of the chocolate bar using a vegetable peeler.
- Layer more cookies on top of the whipped cream mixture and continue alternating and building it up until you use all of the cookies or it's the height you want. It will start to resemble a cake.
- The last layer will be whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate and caramel sauce with the chocolate shavings. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let it soften up slightly before slicing.