- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- Beat the egg with the sugar with a whisk.
- Add the milk, the oil and the vanilla.
- Add the flour, the cocoa and the baking powder. Place in a greased baking pan dusted with cocoa and bake in the oven at 480°F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- In a pan, combine the milk, the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut. Take to a medium heat, stirring a few times until the mixture thickens and the coconut is cooked. Leave it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven, make small holes and cover with the coconut mixture.
- Leave it to cool and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.