- 6 strawberries
- 5 ounces Dark chocolate chips
- 5 ounces Red candy melts
- 5 ounces Pink candy melts
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable shortening
- Halve strawberries and piece them side-by-side together to form a heart shapes. If needed, cut some of their edges to shape them better. Hold the halves together by sticking a wooden toothpick across the center. Place the strawberries on a wire rack lined by wax paper.
- Add the dark chocolate, red candy melts, and pink candy melts in 3 separate bowls. Add a teaspoon of vegetable shortening to each bowl. Working with one bowl at a time, microwave the chips at 20-second intervals and mix until fully melted and glossy.
- Cover the strawberry hearts with the melted chocolate and candy melts using a spoon. This will create your base. After chilling in the fridge to set the first layer or chocolate, and then use piping bags to decorate designs on each heart. Set in the fridge for about one hour and then serve!