- 24 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided
- 1/2 cup store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough, cold
- Flake salt, such as Maldon, for garnish
- Lightly grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, blotting any pools of oil with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large stainless steel mixing bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water (making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water), melt chocolate until smooth. Stir in butter until fully incorporated.
- Using a 1 teaspoon measure, pour the melted chocolate into the bottom of each mold. Place into the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from the refrigerator. Add 1 teaspoon of cookie dough into the center of each mold. Top with 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate, making sure to cover the filling. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface if necessary. Add a sprinkle of flaked sea salt on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- Use a small offset spatula to remove the chocolate cups from the mold. Store at room temperature.