- 1 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Dark chocolate, melted
- White chocolate, melted
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, add coconut, condensed milk and milk. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring often, for 25 minutes until mixture thickens considerably and has a fudgy, sticky texture. Remove from heat and stir in cardamom and half the pistachios.
- Line a square baking tin with parchment, and grease bottoms and sides with butter. Pour warm coconut mixture into the prepared pan, and press with your hands, greasing with a little butter if necessary, to create one even layer. Sprinkle remaining pistachios over top, and press in gently.
- Allow to cool at room temperature until firm. Lift the burfi out of the pan with the aid of the parchment. Cut into 12 even pieces.
- Dip one end of the burfi in the dark chocolate and place on a wire cooling rack. Drizzle a little bit of melted white chocolate over the dark to create a nifty design. Allow the chocolate to set, then dig in. Enjoy!