- 8 ounces good quality chocolate (for filling)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, hot
- Pinch salt
- Oil-based food colouring, rice krispies or anything you'd like to add to the ganache
- 8 ounces melted chocolate, for the shells + extra for drizzling
- Melt the chocolate for filling in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second intervals, stirring at each interval. Add the salt and whipping cream and mix well. If desired, add some oil-based food colour, rice krispies, nuts or anything you'd like to add. Place the ganache in the fridge until chilled and slightly thickened.
- Pour the melted chocolate for the shells into a chocolate mold. Turn the mold out onto parchment paper and allow any excess chocolate to drip out. Add this to the remaining chocolate to use later. Run a knife or spatula over the chocolate mold to smooth the edges of the chocolate shells, then place in the freezer until the chocolate has fully hardened, 10-20 minutes.
- Pour or spoon the ganache into the chocolate shells and seal with more melted chocolate. Return to the freezer until fully hardened, 20 minutes.
- Unmold the chocolates and, if desired, drizzle with some more chocolate. These chocolates should be stored in the fridge until ready to consume. Enjoy!