Chocolate Heart Window Cookies
Who knew that the window to your heart would taste so sweet?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hard candies
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing until just combined. Divide the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is 1/4 inch-thick. Cut out circles and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out a heart in the center of each cookie. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place 2-3 hard candies in the center of each heart.
- Bake at 350F for 13 minutes, or until the candies are completely melted and the cookies look fully cooked. Cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy!