- 2 whole pears, peeled (Anjou or Bosc)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a pot, boil enough water so that it covers 1/3 of each pear. Once water reaches a boil, reduce heat and place each peeled pear inside the pot. Layer each pear with lemon juice and brown sugar and steam the pears until the flesh is tender.
- In a sauce pot, melt butter, then add chocolate. Mix ingredients with a wooden spoon as you add half and half and confectioners sugar. Mix until well-blended and uniform. Turn off heat.
- In another sauce pot over medium heat, add coconut milk and cream of coconut until it is nicely blended. Add vanilla bean. Remove sauce pot from heat.
- Place pears on a plate and pour chocolate sauce over the top. Drizzle with the coconut milk blend. Garnish with more confectioners sugar.