Check out the sweetest and most stunning dessert you're gonna see all week. Possibly ever.
Chocolate Pudding Terrariums
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed oreos
- Buttercream, dyed a variety of different shades of green (recipe at www.pankobunny.com)
- Rock candy
- Make the pudding: Place the sugar, cocoa powder and corn starch in a pot and mix to combine. Gradually add the milk, stirring to combine. Set to low heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl, add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Cover the surface with a sheet of plastic wrap and place in the fridge until chilled.
- Make the buttercream succulents: Spread some buttercream onto the surface of a flower nail, a tool that you use when piping buttercream roses etc. Place a square of parchment paper on top. Use a variety of piping tips to pipe the succulents of your choice onto the square of buttercream. This recipe used #67, #102, #102, #104, #18 and small, round tips for the cactus details. Slide the square of parchment paper onto a flat tray and transfer to the freezer until the succulents are very firm.
- Spoon the chocolate pudding into glasses and top with some crushed oreos. Gently arrange the succulents inside the glass, then fill in the spaces with rock candy. Enjoy!