- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces sweet potato, cubed and cooked
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate pieces, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan with butter, and sprinkle with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Sift in the flour and add the milk a little at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato with cornstarch, and add to the mixture along with half of the chocolate.
- Pour into prepared pan, filling three-fourths of the way full. Smooth with a spatula, then bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool, then remove from pan.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt remaining chocolate and cream together. Drizzle chocolate ganache overtop the bread.