- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cups agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For chile chocolate: add 2 tablespoons pasilla chile and 2 teaspoons cayenne.
- For thin mint: add 2 teaspoons peppermint extract.
- Truffle ganache coating: 1 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cups agave or maple syrup, 1/2 cups cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend coconut and walnuts, processing for 15-30 seconds. Add all remaining ingredients and process until incorporated.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
- Take dough out and roll into truffle-sized balls (or slightly smaller) and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for the ganache coating in a processor or blender.
- Remove the balls of dough from the freezer and dip into the ganache coating with a fork.
- Place back on parchment paper, sprinkle with cayenne or sea salt, and place finished truffles back in the freezer to set up.