Chorizo Deviled Eggs
Laz makes one of his favorite party foods: deviled eggs. They're spicy, savory and have just the right amount of chorizo pizzazz!
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo, casing removed and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of smoked Spanish paprika, plus more for garnish
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook the chorizo until crisp and fat renders, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the chorizo and preserve the oil in the pan.
- Place eggs into a sauce pot and fill with cold water about 2-inches above the surface of the eggs. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Cover and turn off heat. Let the eggs stand covered for 15 minutes. Drain the water and run cold water over the eggs until thoroughly cooled. Peel the eggs under running cold water and slice the eggs horizontally. Place the cooked yolks into a medium bowl and the whites on a platter.
- Mash the yolks using a fork. Mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Add the mixture to a plastic zip lock bag and press into one corner. Cut off corner of the bag and pipe about a teaspoon amount into each egg white. Garnish with cooked chorizo and oil. Sprinkle with paprika.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE