- 1 cup water
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- In a saucepan, mix the water, butter, sugar, and salt.
- When the mixture begins to boil, turn off the heat and add all the flour at once.
- Stir well and place the saucepan on the stove, cooking on medium heat.
- Cook the dough until it is no longer sticking to the bottom of the pan (when a thin layer of dough forms over the bottom of the pan), and a ball is formed.
- In a bowl, place the dough, and mix it until it cools down.
- When the dough is cold, add the eggs one by one, mixing each one of them thoroughly.
- The dough must be smooth and shiny. It can’t be too soft. Make sure it is stretchy enough to be able to keep its form when shaped.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag and it will be ready to go.
- Shape it as described in the recipe over a baking pan covered with waxed paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until it starts to brown. When the dough is golden brown, lower the heat to 355 degrees, and leave the oven half-open.
- Place on a cooking grid and let cool.