To save this video and more, Download the Tastemade App
- Chrissy Teigen has named this recipe the ultimate tuna melt. Now that's a bold statement, which I really hope is true. I'm gonna check this out, come follow me to the kitchen. I love tuna melts, so when I saw that Chrissy Teigen had a recipe for the ultimate tuna melt, well I thought I'm not going to be missing out on that so I'm trying it for the first time and I'm gonna see what it's like. In a bowl I have some tuna in spring water that I've drained and to that I'm gonna add in some mayonnaise. To give the filling some extra flavor, she says to add in some diced onions, some sweet pickle relish, now I don't usually add this to mine but I'm a big fan of gherkins and pickles so I think this is gonna taste great. Some Dijon mustard, and finally, some salt and pepper. This is to taste so add as much or as little as you would like and now I just need to give that a good mix together, it's simple but packed full of flavor. I'm loving the look of this, it's definitely not a dry mixture, which is gonna go great with the juicy tomatoes and the melted cheese. That is all mixed in nicely, time to get assembling. I have two slices of country white bread and I'm going to butter one side of each slice. This recipe serves two people so that's four slices of bread and there's four tablespoons of butter to butter the bread so I think that's one tablespoon of butter for each slice, now that's a lot of butter, but I think this is just gonna make it taste even more amazing. I'm gonna flip those over and add on the tuna. Topping that with some sliced tomatoes and finally, three slices of cheddar. This is gonna be so cheesy, I like her thinking. Now all that's left to do is to cook this bad boy. I've gotta heat a heavy skillet over a low heat, I've gotta cook it for about five to six minutes on each side, I'm excited to see the results. My tuna melt is done and it looks glorious. Time to dig in, I thought I'd be nice, bring Alex along to enjoy the same experience.
- Cos sharing is caring.
- Oh so cheesy. Looks great.
- [Both] Cheers.
- Cheers. The outside is crunchy and delicious. Buttery, isn't it?
- So buttery, yeah.
- But that's good, I don't mind the buttery. The tuna is packed full of flavor, isn't it? You can really get that relish come through.
- This is not the kind of thing I'd recommend that anyone eats every day cos--
- Although I would.
- She would.
- I would.
- Cos it's kind of, it is greasy, it's really cheesy, there's so much mayonnaise in there. But for that one off, kind of indulgent moment where you just need a little pick me up, that, that's amazing.
- That's our dog growling for some.
- She now wants some of the action. I think this has passed the Penny test.
- This definitely has. This is a definite thumbs up to me, and I agree, hey cheeky. So, to sum it up, I definitely think this is worth the make, it's delicious, it's cheesy, it's fresh from the tomatoes and the crisp outside just tops it off, so good.
- [Both] Cheers.