- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup white flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Powdered sugar with cinnamon for dusting
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a double-boiler for about two minutes, until they begin to expand.
- Remove from double-boiler, and beat well until it triples in volume.
- Sift in the flour and cinnamon powder, and mix with a spatula.
- Add the melted butter and stir gently. Pour into a shallow, rectangular baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 390°F for five minutes and remove from oven. Transfer to a damp cloth.
- In a bowl, beat the whipping cream and dulce de leche.
- Spoon onto the sponge cake and use the towel to roll the cake up. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.