- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (17.5-ounce) cans jumbo cinnamon rolls
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the apples, brown sugar and lemon juice and cook, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender and the liquid is bubbling, about 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle in the cinnamon, cloves, salt and flour and stir until the liquid thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to let cool.
- Open the cinnamon rolls cans and remove one. Tear off the outer strip of the cinnamon roll long enough to fit the circumference of the muffin tin with a little extra to seal. Use the remainder of the cinnamon roll, keeping the round intact, and press into the bottom of the muffin tin. Gently press seams together to form a cup and repeat with the remaining cinnamon rolls. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan, and use a shot glass or a muddler to stamp the center of the cinnamon roll down. Fill each with the cooled caramel apple filling and bake for an additional 8 to 12 minutes Let cool completely on a wire rack before removing from your muffin tin.
- Top the apple pies with vanilla ice cream and drizzle caramel over the top just before serving.