Nothing to get twisted up over, except these to-die-for cinnamon twisted rolls!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add sugars and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture into an even layer. Fold one edge of the dough into the middle and fold again until you have one folded rectangle. Lightly roll the dough to seal it shut.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1-inch strips. Carefully twist the strips and roll into knots, tucking the ends underneath the dough. Brush with egg wash and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add powdered sugar to a small bowl.
- Slowly add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Using a spoon, drizzle over warm knots.