A cake with a rich coconut base and grated coconut topping.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces of room temperature butter
- 1.6 cups of coconut milk (26 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of whole milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups of sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of grated coconut, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites then store the whites in the fridge. In a bowl, add sugar, butter, and egg yolks. Beat until the mix is smooth and fluffy.
- Add half of the coconut milk, then mix.
- Add flour and mix until incorporated. Stir in 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the baking powder and mix well.
- Grease and flour a baking pan. Pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, pour the condensed milk in a bowl then mix in the remaining ½ cup of whole milk and coconut milk. When the cake is ready, remove from oven. While cake is still hot, pierce the top with a fork several times, and pour the topping over the cake.
- Garnish with grated coconut.