- 3 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pandan leaf
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pink and green food coloring
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the coconut milk and pandan leaf to infuse the flavor into the coconut milk. Bring the mixture to just below a boil, remove the pandan leaf and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, rice flour, sugar and salt. Slowly pour in the warm coconut milk, stirring constantly to make sure that lumps do not form.
- Divide the mixture into thirds and place in three separate bowls. Tint one pink, one green and leave one white.
- Place a cast-iron mini cake pan on the stove top and allow to heat over high heat. When the pan is extremely hot, ladle some of the green batter into each mini cake tin. Reduce heat to medium.
- Carefully ladle the white mixture on next, then top with the pink mixture.
- Allow to cook until bubbles form on the surface and the cakes are set to the touch. Remove the pan from the burner and allow to sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the pan gently, using two spoons to ease them out.
- Place the cake on top of a small juice glass. Place a soda bottle top into the center of each flower and cut 6 slices around the circle to help the flower split into petals.
- Push the scored cake down to create petals, then remove the bottle cap. Serve immediately.