- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (14-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture one-fourth at a time, alternating with milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut cakes into 3 even pieces and set aside.
- Heat heavy cream in the microwave until hot, about 20 seconds.
- Add instant coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream butter and vanilla together.
- Add powdered sugar and coffee mixture, and beat until smooth.
- Position the first layer of cake and top with a thin layer of frosting.
- Add a layer of vanilla wafers, followed by another layer of frosting.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of cake.
- Add a thick layer of frosting over the entire cake and chill for 20 minutes.
- Add chocolate to a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate.
- Slowly stir chocolate until fully melted and combined.
- Add coconut oil and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Pour ganache over the chilled cake, and use a spatula to spread it over the top and sides of the cake.
- Garnish, chill 30 minutes and serve.