- 8 ounces block (Bulgarian) feta, cut into triangles
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 large or 6 small scallions, white parts only, sliced
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, loosely packed, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds large strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups arugula
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the block of feta from its packaging and set aside to drain. Toast the hazelnuts and set aside to cool. Wash and slice the scallions and combine with 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- When feta is drained, cut block in half and slice into small squares. Cut each square into two triangles. Slice the basil in a chiffonade.
- Wash, core and quarter the strawberries and place in a large bowl. Add arugula, feta, hazelnuts and basil. Zest the lemon over the salad and drizzle olive oil.
- Add the scallions with the marinade and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining balsamic and toss to serve.