Carrot Ribbons + Pistachios
- 1 pound carrots, shaved into ribbons
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Wash and peel the carrots. Shave into ribbons with a potato or y-peeler into a large bowl. Add sliced shallots, seasonings and salt, and cover with lemon juice. Toss and set aside to marinate.
- Pick 1/2 cup each of mint, cilantro and flat-leaf parsley and roughly chop. Set aside. Toast and chop the shelled pistachios.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, olive oil and additional lemon juice. Add the herbs and nuts to the carrots and drizzle dressing on top. Toss. Serve with sliced avocado.