- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 potato, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Butter, for greasing
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the crushed garlic into the heavy cream, and set aside.
- In a bowl with 4 tablespoons water, add the potato slices and cover, then microwave for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Grease a mug with a generous amount of butter and add mozzarella. Next, begin to layer the potatoes, seasoning with salt, black pepper and Parmesan every few layers. Pour the garlic cream over the potatoes.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Flip the mug upside down on a plate, release the potato gratin and sprinkle chives on top. Serve, and enjoy.