Cookie Dough Marshmallow Bars
Cookie dough bottom, home made marshmallow centre and a strawberry white chocolate ganache on top!
- 125g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 160g (3/4 cups) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 210g (1 ¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 2-4 tbsp warm milk
- 125g (½ cup) dark mini chocolate chips
- 125g (½ cup) rainbow sprinkles
- Strawberry Ganache Layer
- 300g (2 cups) white chocolate, chopped
- 100ml thickened whipping cream
- 1 tsp strawberry flavouring
- 2 drops pink food gel
- Easy Marshmallow Layer
- 200g (1 ½ cups) caster sugar
- 190ml (¾ cup) boiling water
- 2 tbsp gelatine
- 190ml (¾ cup) cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9x9 inch square baking tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix together using a hand mixer or spatula until well combined. Add the milk and mix in.
- Next add the flour, sprinkles and chocolate chips and use a spatula to ix until well combined. You may need to add 1-2tbsp of extra milk to help it all come together.
- Place the cookie dough into the baking tin and use clean hands to spread evenly. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Add all the ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes before pouring on top of the set marshmallow. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Allow to set in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting up into 9 pieces.
- Add the cold water and gelatine into a small mixing bowl and mix using a fork until well combined. Set aside to rest.
- Next, add the boiling water and sugar into a microwave safe bowl. Use a whisk to mix. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the gelatine and whisk gently until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Set the mixture aside to cool to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Add the cooled mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and fit it with the whisk tool. Whisk on high speed for 10-12 minutes until the mixture triples in volume and resembles a thick glossy meringue. Add the vanilla extract at about the 5 minute mark.
- Add the marshmallow mixture on top of the cookie dough and spread using a small spatula. Place in the fridge to set overnight.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE