- 4 large green or young coconuts
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup dried jasmine rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons curry spice blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To garnish:
- Green onions
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut out top of coconuts using a heavy duty butcher's knife. Reserve coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Pour 1/4 cup rice into each coconut. Place one-fourth of the chopped onion, chicken, curry spice, salt and pepper into each coconut. Top coconuts with 1/2 cup boiling coconut milk and stir to combine. Wrap each coconut in a double layer of aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes. Turn oven off, and allow coconuts to sit in oven for 20 minutes. Top with green onions, peanuts and cilantro. Enjoy!