- 30 chocolate wafers
- 1 cup chocolate shell sauce
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttercream frosting, for decorating
- Fill a plastic zip lock bag with chocolate wafers and crush them with a rolling pin or the back of a skillet. Add the wafer bits to a bowl and mix with chocolate shell sauce. Set aside.
- Cut a roughly 2-inch section off of the top of a quart of chocolate ice cream, then land on a plate. Remove the lid, and then slide the cardboard ring upwards to make a well. Add in the chocolate wafer mixture and smooth, then top with a cut 2-inch layer vanilla ice cream. Place in the freezer for one hour.
- While cake is chilling, whip heavy cream with vanilla to form stiff peaks. Remove cake from the freezer, remove the cardboard ring, and cover with whipped cream. Decorate with buttercream as desired and serve. Cake will keep up to 5 days in the freezer.