Made with dried tomato and basil, these tiny balls come packed with flavor.
Cornbread With Dried Tomatoes And Basil
- 25 grams yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 370 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 100 grams corn flour
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 250 cc (1 cup) of water
- 50 grams dried tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- Vegetable spray
- In a bowl place the self rising flour with the sugar, barely cover with warm water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt. Add the corn flour. In the middle of the bowl place the fermented yeast, sunflower oil, and warm water.
- Mix, knead for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until it doubles its size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, knead adding flour if necessary so it does not stick.
- Incorporate the tomatoes, previously macerated with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and chopped basil.
- Work for 5 more minutes, until they are well distributed.
- Form small buns using your hands and place each bun on a floured baking dish. Let rise until it doubles it size.
- Once risen, brush with the remaining oil and add some salt. Cook in a lubricated baking dish in a hot oven during 15 minutes or until they barely brown.