- 1 (18 ounces) box Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/4 pounds butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (10.5 ounces) bag marshmallows
- In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, combine 1/4 pound of butter with cream and salt. Bring to a boil while constantly stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Once boiling, add sugar and water and cook on medium-high heat until sugar caramelizes and turns golden brown. Constantly stir and cut the heat. Let rest at room temperature.
- In a stock pot, melt 1 pound of butter along with marshmallows. Once a thick liquid texture, add cereal and 80 percent of salted caramel. Stir all ingredients together and mix well.
- In a greased glass pan, pour mixture and even out. Garnish the top of the Rice Krispies with remaining salted caramel. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!