- 10 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 2 (8-ounce) balls fresh mozzarella, torn or cubed
- 2 cups chopped or pulled leftover cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9 baking dish with olive oil. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place tomatoes and garlic on a rimmed sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss all together. Roast until soft, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta until al dente, usually 1 minute less than indicated on package instructions. Drain well. Add to a large bowl along with the tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, mozzarella, chicken and basil, and toss all together.
- Add the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and just beginning to brown. Serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.