- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped basil, to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side. Season with half the salt, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes and reduce to low heat. Return shrimp to the pan and add lemon juice and remaining salt. Add cooked pasta and basil and serve.