Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Couscous
Make a complete chicken dinner with sun-dried tomatoes and couscous all in this simple, one-skillet recipe.
- 2 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 2 drumsticks, bone-in, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into long slices
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced (reserve 1 tablespoon oil)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- Basil, for garnish
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat a few tablespoons of sun-dried tomato oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin side down and cook both sides until browned and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken.
- In the same skillet, add onions and cook for a few minutes until soft. Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook for 30 seconds more. Stir in chicken broth, coconut milk, oregano, thyme and parsley. Bring to a boil and add couscous. Return chicken to pan, skin side up. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.