- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- 3 almonds, peeled and cut in half
- 10 dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On a griddle, grill the hot dogs, about 5 minutes per side.
- Next, cut the hot dogs to resemble fingers. Make 6 horizontal small incisions across each hot dog. Scoop out 2 of the incisions. At the top of the hot dog, make a larger incision and cut away the tip of the hot dog. Place half an almond for the fingernail in the tip.
- In boiling water, soak the dried tomatoes for 5 minutes, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dried tomatoes with the garlic, walnuts, olive oil, salt, and pepper With a handheld mixer, mix together to form a paste.
- Add the tomato nut paste to the hot dog buns, then add hot dog. Plate, and serve.