- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Creme brulee:
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- For the brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, sugars and vanilla. Stir until combined; set aside.
- Heat chocolate in a double boiler on medium-low heat. When chocolate is almost fully melted, add butter and stir until fully combined and smooth. Remove from heat and stir into sugar mixture. Once combined, fold in flour and mix until smooth and fully combined. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- For the creme brulee: In a large bowl, add heavy cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over cooled brownies. Place the brownies in a larger pan, and fill pan halfway with water. Carefully place in the center of the oven, and bake about 40 minutes or until creme brulee has set. Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove brownies from pan and sprinkle a layer of sugar over the top of the creme brulee. Using a torch, melt the sugar until it bubbles and becomes a light amber color.