- 1 large pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 4 yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Whipped cream and strawberries, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pineapple into 4 large slices about 2 to 2 1/2-inches thick. Cut a circle in the middle of each slice, leaving about a 1/2-inch ring. Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of the pineapple going about halfway through and making sure not to pierce the bottom of the pineapple. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together eggs, yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, pineapple juice and vanilla seeds. Continuously whisk until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Pour custard into each pineapple, filling to the top. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Top each pineapple with remaining sugar and torch until sugar is golden brown.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries.