- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetable oil, enough to coat the dough
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the water, while mixing until a mass is formed.
- Begin kneading the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes or until smooth.
- It should feel moist, but not sticky.
- Dust the dough with a little more flour if needed.
- Then beat or slam the dough a few times to help relax the gluten.
- Form it into a ball, and set it aside in a bowl of vegetable oil to rest for at least one hour.