- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl, combine oil, fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, cilantro, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and toss to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- Heat a grill to 400 degrees. Chop chicken into 2-inch pieces and place on soaked bamboo skewers, approximately 3 to 4 pieces per skewer.
- Grill each side until cooked and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve warm with crispy rice salad.