- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 3 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2-inch chunk ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 14.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups green beans, cut into one-inch pieces
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, curry powder and salt and toss all together. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots and bell pepper. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is tender, about 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the green beans. Cover, and continue to cook for 30 more minutes, until the beans are bright green but tender-crisp.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro and cashews.