- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (1 1/2 inches)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ, set temperature to HIGH and then press START/STOP. Once heated, add the oil. Once oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle in the chili powder and cumin and stir to toast. Stir in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Add the crushed tomatoes, black beans, lentils, vegetable stock and butternut squash.
- Press START/STOP. Secure the lid. Make sure steam release valve is in the “release” position. Select SLOW COOK, set temperature to LOW, and adjust time to 8 hours. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, serve chili garnished with chopped cilantro and green onions.