- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 pounds tomatoes on the vine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place the onions, garlic, carrot, vegetable stock, tomatoes, dried basil, pepper, and sea salt into the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the tomato mixture until well combined and very smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully transfer to a blender, in batches.
- Add the almond milk and basil, and stir to combine, and cover till heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.