- Puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon Amaretto
- Thaw puff pastry sheets and press one in the waffle iron for 4-5 minutes. If want to make a pain au chocolat tribute, then just add some chocolate chips and fold.
- To make the whipped cream, whisk the heavy cream, sugar together in a bowl, and a minute later add the vanilla extract and Frangelico.
- Whisk until the cream starts to form peaks, about 5 minutes.
- Top the croissant waffles with the whipped cream.