- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 2 3/4 tablespoon milk
- 2 slices of whole sandwich bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite shredded cheese
- Make the béchamel. Melt butter in a sauce pot and whisk in flour. Once well mixed, slowly add in the milk, whisking constantly.
- Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Place them in a skillet butter side down to toast. Remove from heat and add a couple spoonfuls of the béchamel sauce to one slice. Top with shredded cheese, ham and the final slice of bread.
- Bake at 360°F for 15 minutes until cheese is melted. While it's baking, fry an egg. Remove sandwich from oven and top with the fried egg.