Orange Cheesecake Mousse
Need a Mother's Day recipe idea? This delicious mousse is a perfect way to celebrate mom and is so simple, a kid could make it! Sponsored by Daisy.
- 1 cup Daisy sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 (3-ounce) semisweet chocolate bar, very finely chopped or shaved with a peeler
- 8 graham crackers, crushed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, cream cheese, orange zest and salt. Sift in the powdered sugar. Whisk it all together and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream for about a minute until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over whip! Immediately fold the whipped cream into the sour cream mixture, being careful not to mix the air out. Gently mix in half of the chocolate.
- Using 4 serving cups, place a layer of the mousse halfway up each. Using half of the crushed graham crackers, sprinkle a layer on top of each mousse. Top each cup with the remaining mousse and then top them all with remaining chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. Store in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to let them firm up and set. Serve cold straight from the fridge.