- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2/3 cup of dark chocolate, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup of chopped unsalted peanuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, peanut butter, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla and stir with a fork. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir together until just combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate and peanuts, reserving some for the top.
- Pour into prepared pan, and smooth the top before sprinkling with more chocolate and peanuts.
- Bake for roughly 50 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.