- 2/3 c lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ c whole milk
- 2 ½ c granulated sugar
- Zest from 3 lemons
- 1 c Unsalted Butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 4 T lemon extract
- 4 c AP Flour
- 3 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 2 t Salt
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 lb Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 whole orange
- 1 T orange extract
- 1 lemon
- Fresh or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix Lemon juice and milk and set aside .
- Pulse sugar & Zest in food processor. Set aside.
- In a mixer cream butter then add sugar and zest mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate between milk mixture and dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar.
- Fold in vanilla and lemon extract.
- Pour into 2- 6” pans and 2-8” pans and bake for 25- 30 mins. Let cool, then frost and enjoy!
- In a saucepan add orange extract, a few drops of lemon, and cranberries. Let simmer.
- Once mixture has simmered, strain and add orange zest. Set aside and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl add a stick of butter and cream cheese, cream together till smooth.
- Add Powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Once powdered sugar is incorporated add orange zest mixture.
- Mix until smooth.