- 5 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup tapioca pearls
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1 pound ube
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- For the chips: Bring water and coconut milk to a boil.
- Wash the tapioca pearls, then add to the boiling liquid. Cook on high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower heat, and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the tapioca is transparent.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, then remove from heat and let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, then dollop spoonfuls onto the parchment, keeping about an inch between dollops. Season with flaky salt.
- Place in 150 degree oven (or as low as your oven will go) for at least an hour, or until chips dehydrate and are crisp. Serve with dip, or snack away!
- For the dip: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook ube for about 20 to 30 minutes until very tender. Drain, and let cool until ube is easy to handle. Peel, and add to a bowl. Mash the ube, then whisk in condensed milk and salt. Serve warm or at room temperature with chips.