Disco Ball Truffles
Nothing screams celebration more than glittery truffles packed with a white chocolate ganache truffle inside!
- White Chocolate Truffles:
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate, melted
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream, hot
- Pinch of salt
- Cake Layer:
- 9x13' chocolate loaf cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate candy melts, melted
- Edible glitter
- Edible gold luster dust
- Almond extract (or vodka, to avoid adding extra flavor)
- Make the white chocolate truffles: Add the whipping cream and salt to the melted white chocolate and mix well. Transfer to the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes - 1 hour. Set aside.
- Make the cake layer: Crumble the chocolate loaf cake into fine pieces and add the chocolate frosting. Mix until the frosting is fully incorporated and the mixture is fudgy.
- Assemble the truffles: Scoop small pieces of white chocolate ganache with a spoon and roll into balls. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper and set aside. Scoop out some cake mixture and flatten it into a pancake. Place a ganache truffle into the center and wrap the cake around it, squeezing firmly. Transfer the truffles to a plate lined with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm. Dunk each truffle into the melted chocolate melts and return to the plate, using a fork to help remove any excess chocolate. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the edible glitter on top. Alternatively, wet a clean paintbrush with almond extract or vodka and dip in luster dust. Brush onto the chocolates to give them a golden sheen. Place in golden truffle cups and enjoy!