- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Christmas m&ms
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 jar
- Fabric, string and a recipe card
- To fill the jar, gently layer each ingredient into the jar with a spoon. Start with the chocolate chips, Christmas m&ms, then follow with the flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar and white sugar. Seal the jar, cover with some fabric and tie with a ribbon.
- Write out the recipe on a festive recipe card, making sure to list the butter, vanilla extract and egg as ingredients that the gift receiver will need to add. Attach the card to the jar with some extra string.
- Now, onto the cookies! Cream the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!